Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Belvoir

{Belvoir }

Do you like concentrated syrups? Do they remind you on something?

To me they make me remember of family gatherings in autumn at my grandma’s house, all the family there collecting grapes and making grape concentrate and plum jam, eating barbeque and grilled corn. To give you a better image of it I will just say I have 4 aunts and 1 uncle... so imagine all of them with their families... … in one word... FUN!!!

So, when some months ago I found Belvoir Elderflower Cordial in Quinoa, I was really happy! And, as soon as I came home, I made it, cooled it down and served with some lemon… big success! We tried all flavors and my favorites are Belvoir Elderflower and Raspberry & Rose.

I admit I spent some time on their site… it had great impact and I wanted to know all about their company, organic production, idea, ingredients… and then I found out that their look was created by the award winning branding and design agency Big Fish (the one that also worked with Biscuiteers).
And also that you can find a lot of great recipes that use cordials as an ingredient....


{Belvoir }

Gosta de xaropes concentrados? Fazem-lhe lembrar de alguma coisa?

A mim fazem-me lembrar as reuniões familiares no Outono em casa da minha avó, com toda a família lá a apanhar uvas e a fazer concentrado de uva e geleia de ameixa, a comer churrasco e milho grelhado. Para vos dar uma imagem mais clara vou apenas dizer que tenho 4 tias e um tio... portanto imaginem todos eles com as suas famílias... … numa palavra... DIVERSÃO!!!

Então, quando há uns meses encontrei Belvoir Elderflower Cordial na Quinoa, fiquei bastante contente! E, assim que cheguei a casa, preparei-o, arrefeci-o e servi-o com um pouco de limão… grande sucesso! Experimentámos todos os sabores e os meus preferidos são Belvoir Elderflower e Raspberry & Rose.

Admito que já gastei algum tempo no site… teve um grande impacto e eu queria saber tudo sobre a empresa, produção biológica, ideia, ingredientes… e então descobri que a imagem foi criada pela premiada agência de design e marca Big Fish (a que também trabalhou com Biscuiteers).
E também que se podem encontrar bastantes receitas óptimas que têm Cordials como ingrediente....

{images: linked to their sources above}

5 comments:

  1. Não tem muito açucar não?
    It isn't full os sugar, I hope?
    Rui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely, cheery, happy bottles.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rui :Não tem muito açúcar, dissolve se com agua 1:7 e tem um sabor muito leve.
    @Glenda: I love bottles also, use to keep them and use as flower vases :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorei, vou ficar atenta para ver se as encontro aqui no norte :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, podes sempre tentar contactar o distribuidor para saber onde se pode comprar no Porto...:-)
    http://www.bricer.pt

    ReplyDelete