Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekend ....


From time to time M. gives me a weekend off, like this one. Basically it means he takes kids somewhere for the weekend and I stay alone to do whatever I want to… and I am really grateful for it. I think sometimes it's important to separate from the people we love, even if it is for a really short time, just to realize how much we actually miss them. Does that make sense for you?

In the morning I went for a walk in downtown, did some Christmas shopping and later one girls’ dinner and cinema. Right now I am just resting, drinking tea and eating these cookies I made yesterday. I was planning for a long time to try this great recipe full of flavors… almond, orange, rum and chocolate… mmmm… but only succeeded last night. Perfect!!!

De tempos a tempos o M. dá-me um fim-de-semana de folga, como neste. Basicamente significa que leva as crianças para algum lado duratne o fim-de-semana e eu fico sozinha para fazer o que bem entender… e fico muito grata por isso. Acho que de vez em quando é importante separarmo-nos das pessoas que amamos, mesmo que seja por muito pouco tempo, apenas para percebermos o quanto nós realmente sentimos a falta deles. Isto faz sentido para si?

De manhã fui dar uma volta pela baixa, fiz algumas compras de Natal e mais tarde será um jantar de meninas e cinema. Agora estou só a descansar, a beber chá e a comer estas bolachas que fiz ontem. Estava a planear há algum tempo experimentar esta magnífica receita cheia de sabores… amêndoa, laranja, rum e chocolate… mmmm… mas só consegui ontem à noite. Perfeita!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect combination :-). Enjoy the weekend and when you find the time, pass me the recipe, please. I have a collection of tisane and would like to try some of them out with these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm cookies and milkkk :)
    x
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, I've become IT illiterate. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete